Please excuse the transition from References listed on each page being morgrated to just Reference Page 1 or Page 2
< or ^ symbols mean Back To of Up To
 - below - This is a transition from older references '1' to newer final ones '29'.
1. Halfdan Helgason, "The Emigration from Iceland to North America, The Weekly Newsletter - Nr 39",
http://www.halfdan.is/news/newsletter_039.htm, [cited 2006]
Example: 1. Firstname Lastname, “Title of Web Page,” Publishing Organization or Name of Website in Italics, publication date and/or access date if available, URL.
2. Online Resource, http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.aspx?pid=-2079524724&tid=466783&ssrc= [This Tree has been removed]
3. Halfdan Helgason, "Halfdan.IS_Genweb DataBase" or "Ættfræðigagnagrunnur/Genealogy Database", http://www.halfdan.is:2317/halfdan?lang=en [Password Protected], [cited 2006]
4. O.J. Thorsteinson, Grund Church Booklet, J.D. McFarland, Historic Resources Branch, Property of Pauline Einarson Christopherson.
5. Family Search U.S. Social Security Death Index, Morman Church - The Church of Jesus Christ, www.familysearch.org.
6. British Columbia Archives, Vital Event Death Egistration, Reg. # 1921-09-285600, GSU Microfim # 1927296
7. British Columbia Death Index: 1872 to 1979, not online. Actual text:Name: Sigurdur Christopherson
Birth Date: abt 1849
Death Date: 27 March 1921
Death Place: Crescent
8. Mormon Church - 1881 Canadian Census, Turtle Mountain, South Western Extension, Extension, Manitoba.
9. Caroline Cartwright, Caroline Cartwright College of San Mateo Thesis, "The Stoneson Brothers and the city they built:, The Icelandic Canadian, Spring, 1960, p. 33.
10. ancestry.com, isberg_Kanaski tree.
11. Nelson Gerrard, Saga Publications, website
Example: 1. Firstname Lastname, Title of Book (Place of publication: Publisher, Year of publication), page number.
12.Rural Municipality of Argyle, 'Come Into Our Heritage. R.M. Of Argyle 1882-1982 Centennial History of the Argyle' [Hardcover], 1982, page number 116, Also see Reports
As of Aug 2013, you may purchase the book here,
ARGYLE, R.M. 132 - 2nd Street North Box 40 Baldur, MB R0K 0B0
Phone: 204-535-2176 Fax: 204-535-2505
E-Mail: rmofargyle at inetbiz.ca (Just add in the @ between argyle and inetbiz) View office
13. BC Archives microfilm
14. Public Member Trees, Record for Kristofer Andresson, Ancestry.com, Public Member Trees (Provo, UT, USA, Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2006), www.ancestry.com, Database online. Record for Kristofer Andresson.
15. Halfdan Helgason, "Halfdan.IS_Genweb DataBase" or "Ættfræðigagnagrunnur/Genealogy Database", http://www.halfdan.is:2317/halfdan_f?lang=en;i=29444, [Password Protected], 2006
16. Rural Municipality of Argyle, 'Come Into Our Heritage. R.M. Of Argyle 1882-1982 Centennial History of the Argyle' [Hardcover], 1982, page number 336
NEW - The following references are being transitioned over. Under Construction
18. In-Person conversation with Hank Christopherson, son of Kjartan & Gudrun Christopherson
Roy Einar Christopherson, site webmaster, Great Grandson of Sigurdur & Caroline Christopherson.
If no Citation within text exists, it came from Roy or no Reference was cited, which he is trying to correct in 2013.
Living Westereng, Cousin
21. Living Bolick, Cousin
22. Living Jarvie, Cousin
23. Caroline's Diary; Carol Jarvie's daughter, Karen Jarvie, spent a great deal of time re-typing 100's of 'private' family letters retreived during Ytranes's clearing out.
NOTES: This was the first test page utilizing the Behavior 'openwindow'. Selected the photo, cut the previous Open in whole new window link, under TAG in Dreamweaver 8
clicked + under Behaviors then
Open Browser Window, simply copied the link to enlarged version, typed in size from jpeg found on hard drive linking to and image #.. Much simpler than
images 3553 done in CSS which was way to complicated and Okay to use if only one photo.
24. Nonni Jonsson, Swan River Valley
25. Ed Fader, Ocean Park Newsletter, Surrey, B.C.
Resident. Informed Roy of Ytranes and it's history.
26. Kormakur Hognason, Email dated 5/16/2012
27. by skitang6 on 11 Nov 2007 (wife of Sigurdur's Great Grandson, Roy's 1st cousin)
28. Originally found the 'Come into our Heritage" book excerpts on Ancestry.com posted by skitang6 on 11 Nov 2007.Roy finally connected with this person being family related. The text/story was instrumental in Roy putting this website together and further research on Sigurdur and family!
Roy converted some of the pages using O.C.R. and created a section here on the Christophersons.
 --The Baldur High School Centennial Committee, 1967? in the Pauline Christopherson Collection.
Blue cover possibly compiled and photocopied by the Baldur High School students.
50 - 100 pages, in good to mint condition. , 2 staples and a masking tape type of binding.
Page 2 gives credits, but no dates. One. One drawing/comment leds me to believe it was done in 1967.
many crude drawings and 10 pages
28 pages of photos with captions.
Maps of the old/current settlements and descriptions of them, like Rock lake.
 --45 Thorleifur Jóakimsson Jackson, "Brot af Landnámssögu Nýja Íslands", Winnipeg: Columbia Press, 1919, 32
 --Private - THFS. Due to request from the family, the references will be redacted (erased) unless from other sources.
 -- THE COUNTY OF HALIBURTON
 --Eyford, Ryan. PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of History. December 2012. University of Winnipeg, Transcribed, Edited, and Annotated,
"Caroline Christopherson’s letters to her sister in Iceland Susanna Taylor Briem, 1880-1921. All future Citations will be placed here.
-- Rural Municipality of Gimli Map Manitoba Intergovernmental Affairs and Trade Community Planning Services. 2004
 --Gimli, the Town of, has no affiliation with this website, nor endorsed by them. Roy simple added the text and link due to our families ties to their beautiful town and the economic times.
 --PIONEERS AND PLACE NAMES OF NEW ICELAND Nelson Gerrard (published in The Icelandic Canadian Magazine - Winter 1978-Spring 1979), websiet: http://www.sagapublications.com/articlescont.html#j
-- Icelanders in North America: The First Settlers By Jónas Þór. University of Manitoba Press, 2002, Chapter 10, p. 102, Book at Google.
 --Komakur Högnason
-- http://www.nordicway.com/search/Gimli9.htm president
 --Wikipedia.org 'New Iceland', http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Iceland
 --Some History on Gimli Manitoba, Website: http://www.gimlicommunityweb.com/history/history.php
43. Tad D. Campbell, "Immigrated to the United States from Norway in 1873 aboard the S.S. Harold Haarfager, arriving at New York City."
Hustad Ancestry - Norse Highlanders Genealogy, Modified: 24 Apr 2012
44. The S/S Harald Haarfager
In the story lists "SS Harold", sounds like this was the full name of the ship.
Could this be the same ship? "UB-21 sank the fishing vessel EXCEL 18/02/1917 and the Swedish steamer HAROLD on 06/05/1917, both NE of the Tyne". NO, this was built in 1878. Problem is, they list an arrival at NY in August. Possible their date is incorrect. Find Passenger List!
Roy believes this is the ship at Norway Heritage website Local file = HL_WEB_0168
45. Living Bolick, C/O Living Westereng
46. Internal document, DOC_0008_Ytranes-1, 
47. C.B.M. Collection, Photos or documents, BCM stands for Roy's three cousins, who graciously hosted his stay in British Columbia. Due to so many photos photographed over the course of a couple days, Roy was unable to identify which blonged to whom, hence, C.B.M. Collection was used., , , 
48. Living CHRISTOPHERSON Wright
49. Thorgeir Gudlaugsson, Icelandic writer
50. Living Cates, Email, March 2013
51. 1901 Canadian Census for William Stuart Taylor
52. Source Citation: London Metropolitan Archives, Lambeth St Mary, Register of Baptism
53. Subect: Hrafnhildur Snorradóttir http://timarit.is/view_page_init.jsp?issId=164122&pageId=2234518&lang=en&q=Christopherson
54. Roy's cousin, Mike Christopherson, son of Herman 'Al'
55. Kristveig Kristófersdóttir Árnason This would appear to be her. She had a HUGE family.
56. Kinnmount Gazette 2012,
November 2012 Volume 5: Issue 1, Icelandic Connection Uncovered, Part 1 by Guy Scott
December 2012 Volume 5: Issue 2
57. Taylor Family Tree Chart from cousin Miriam Westereng, has Sig Christopherson's notes on the original copy (Will post copy online if computer co-operates)
who in turn probably received it from
the Hearn family, Keith, son of Alfred. See Reports for other Taylor charts.
58.NÝJA ÍSLAND' Saga of the Journey to New Iceland' by Guðjón Arngrímsson, pp 120
59. The Sig & Hank Christopherson Collection; About 2009, Roy had dinner with his father's brother, Hank whom he continued at Christopherson & Sons, created by their father, Kjartan, where all Hank's brothers worked at one time. Sig, Hank's older brother left for him a plastic bin full of old photos and two vintage photo albums. Roy spent a couple months dusting off each photo, scanning at high resolution, then placing into two albums. The albums being very fragile was quite a challenge, and many photos were not removed from their mounting, becoming this collection throught this family website.
60. 'Icelanders in North America: The First Settlers' edited by Jonas Thor
61. Book on Riverton
62. Vern Austman (See Oddstads)
63. Komakur Högnason, Kristmundur Benjamínsson Research
64. Nelson Gerrard, Lögberg-Heimskringla, November 19, 1993 Photo of Sigurlaug
Note by Roy : Rose or Rosa only spoke English probably because John Taylor never learned Icelandic. His brother William spoke fluent Icelandic and read and wrote it and lived with the Icelanders his whole life in the Argyle Dist. of MB.
65. Friðrik Skúlason
66. 'Gleenings of the Past' Published by Glenora Community Boosters History Book Committee, Printed by Derksen Printers, Steinbach, Manitoba , Online PDF Book on Glenora, Manitoba
67. Postings by bfb at findagrave.com on the Hallgrimsson Family
68.Forum posting by A.D. on Byring Hallgrimssons family
69. Various Barbados 'Journal of the Barbados Museum and Historical Society' 1830-1838 book pages, papers.
70.Cousin Gary Christopherson and his wife Stephanie. Son of Hank and Thelma.
71.Grand Ledge Historical Society (http://gdledgehistsoc.org/museum/), Courtesy of Ms. Suzanne Schramski.
72.Benjaminsson Family. Information and photos Courtesy of Mrs. Carla ROWLIN Jacob
73. Cousin Kristín Sigurðardóttir, Husavik, Iceland
74. Tracy at Kingsbury Cemetery
75. The Sackett Family Association, Thurmon King's Database
76. Wikipedia on Kinmount
77. Karol Ballard
78. Jane Foster, Manager, Lennox and Addington County Museum and Archives
79. Cousin Johanna Skuladottir obtained family letters on behalf of the family from U. of Iceland, aka DarkForces47
79. Probate for Richard Taylor died 1859
Special thanks to the family that posted this web page which helped ID the statue and Rock for me http://www.art-iceland.com/marias-legacy-gimli-2005.html
Suggested reading: Gerrard, Icelandic River Saga
I have often wondered why and how William Taylor remarried three times. You will see